Last Revised: 1 July 2017
ITW Australia Pty Ltd, trading as Paslode Australia (ABN 63 004 235 063) (“Paslode,” “we,” “us” or “our”) respects your personal privacy and is committed to adhering to the applicable privacy and data protection laws, including the National Privacy Principles set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
- What information Paslode collects from you and how we use it
- What choices you have about how Paslode treats your information
- How Paslode protects your information
- What Paslode does about children visiting this Website
- How you can contact Paslode
1. Information Paslode collects from you and how we use it
ACTIVE INFORMATION COLLECTION
We generally collect and use personal information provided to us on the Website for the following purposes:
- to establish, develop and preserve our business relationship respectively with our customers and other individuals with whom we deal;
- to create, establish and administer your account and to respond to your inquiries;
- to provide the products and services that we offer and ensure that all related transactions are executed;
- to allow individuals to apply for employment with Paslode, notify others about Paslode job postings and obtain information about future Paslode job postings, and to allow us to consider individuals for employment with Paslode and to contact individuals about employment opportunities;
- to authenticate the identity and preserve the privacy of customers or potential customers contacting Paslode by telephone, electronic means or otherwise;
- to allow customers and Website visitors to register for and attend training sessions and classes;
- for quality assurance purposes;
- as necessary, to establish or verify the credit of persons who use, or intend to use, one or more of the products offered by Paslode;
- to manage our business and ensure the efficiency, reliability and security of our systems;
- to meet legal and regulatory requirements and to allow Paslode to meet contractual requirements relating to the products and services we offer;
- to ensure our records are accurate and to protect customers and Paslode from error and fraud;
- to understand and assess the interests, wants and changing needs of our customers and Website visitors with a view to improving our products and services and developing new ones;
- to provide our customers and Website visitors with personalized products and services as well as product recommendations; and
- to notify our customers and Website visitors about changes to the Website or upcoming products and services offered or provided by us, our related bodies corporate or our business partners that may be of interest to our customers and Website visitors.
Some of the information we collect depends on the settings on your web browser. Please check your web browser if you want to learn what information your browser sends or how to change your settings. In addition to the information sent by your web browser, as you navigate through a web site, certain information can be passively collected (that is, gathered without you actively providing the information) using various technologies and means, such as navigational data collection.
“Cookies” are small text files that are stored on your browser or device by websites, online media and advertisements. There are different types of cookies. Cookies served by the entity that operates the website you are visiting or using are called “first party cookies” (so cookies served by Paslode while you are using our Website are first party cookies). Cookies served by companies that are not operating the website you are visiting or using are called “third party cookies” (so, we may allow a website analytics provider to set a cookie on your computer via our Website while you visit our Website, and that would be a third party cookie). Cookies may also endure for different periods of time. “Session Cookies” last only as long as your browser is open. These are deleted automatically once you close your browser. Other cookies are “persistent cookies” meaning that they survive after your browser is closed (for example, they may recognize your computer when you re-open our online services).
“Local shared objects” (also called Flash cookies or HTML5 cookies) and any other successor technology refers generally to the collection of cookie-like data stored on a browser or computer by web sites, ads, or third parties.
“Pixel tags” (also called beacons or pixels) are small blocks of code installed on (or called by) a web page, or advertisement which can retrieve certain information about your device and browser, including device type, operating system, browser type and version, web site visited, time of visit, referring web site, IP address, and other similar information (including the small text file (the cookie) that uniquely identifies the device). Pixels provide the means by which third parties can set and read browser cookies from a domain that they do not themselves operate and collect information about visitors to that domain, typically with the permission of the domain owner.
These cookies and technologies tell us when you're using our Website so we can show you the appropriate features and content such as your account information, purchase history and to edit your account settings.
Security and Website Integrity
These cookies and technologies support or enable security features to help keep our Website safe and secure. For example, they enable us to remember when you are logged into a secure area of our Website and help protect your account from being accessed by anyone other than you.
Online Service Features
These cookies and technologies provide functionality that help us deliver products and services. For example, cookies help you log in by pre-filling fields. We may also use these cookies and similar technologies to help us provide you and others with social plugins (for example, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn) and other customized content and experiences.
Analytics and Research
These cookies and technologies are used to understand, improve and research our Website, and better understand the interests of people who interact with our Website. For example, we and our approved partners may use these cookies and technologies to understand how you are using Website features, and segmenting audiences for feature testing. We and our partners may use these technologies and the information we receive to improve and understand how you use and interact with our Website, communications and advertisements.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM OTHER SOURCES
We may also receive information from other sources and combine it with information we collect through our Website. For example, we may obtain information about you from commercially available sources such as data aggregators and public databases (for example, job applicant information received from LinkedIn in connection with our hiring decisions). This information may include your name, demographic information, interests and publicly-observed data (such as from social media and shopping behavior).
RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Paslode retains the personal information collected on the Website as long as necessary to provide the services, products and information you request or as permitted by applicable law.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We may disclose personal information you provide to us via this Website or that we collect through your use of the Website as follows:
- to related bodies corporate, business partners, service providers and contractors who support our business, in which case we will limit the amount of information disclosed to that which is necessary in order for them to provide the services or products we have engaged them to provide. We will strive to protect personal information rendered accessible to related bodies corporate, business partners, service providers and contractors by contractual agreements requiring them to adhere to confidentiality and security practices that provide for maintaining such information confidential and inaccessible to others;
- to respond to law enforcement requests, where required by applicable laws, court order or governmental regulations;
- to report to law enforcement agencies any activities that we, in good faith, believe to be unlawful, and in situations involving threats of physical safety of any person or when we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect our rights and property.
We will have no liability for disclosure of information obtained due to errors in transmission or the unauthorized intervention of third parties.
We may provide aggregate statistics about our customers, sales, online traffic patterns, and related information to reputable third parties, but these statistics will not include any personally identifying information.
This Website may use social media plugins (for example, the Facebook “Share” button, “Share to Twitter”' button) to enable you to easily share information with others. When you visit our Website, the operator of the social plugin can place a cookie on your computer, enabling that operator to recognize individuals who have previously visited our Website. If you are logged into the social media website (for example, Facebook, Twitter, Google+) while browsing on our Website, the social plugins allow that social media website to receive information that you have visited our Website. The social plugins also allow the social media website to share information about your activities on our Website with other users of their social media website. For example, Facebook social plugin allows Facebook to show your comments on our pages to your Facebook friends. Paslode does not control any of the content from the social media plugins. For more information about social plugins from other social media websites you should refer to those sites' privacy and data sharing statements.
2. Choices you have about how Paslode uses your information
We strive to provide you with as many choices and as much control as possible regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
This Website may provide forums and other areas where you can communicate with others and publicly post information. You have no privacy rights in public postings. All information you post will be accessible to anyone with internet access, and any personal information you include in your posting may be read, collected and used by others. Please use caution when posting any personal information.
3. How Paslode protects your information
We work hard to protect your personal information. All information collected through the Website is stored within a secured database that is not accessible to the outside world. Resumes are stored on file systems that are not publicly accessible. All Paslode servers are protected behind both hardware and software firewalls. Low-level access to all information is restricted to authorized support personnel only. [Paslode: Please confirm whether the security measures described above accurately reflect your security practices and controls.]
The safety and security of your information also depend on you. Never share your password with anyone else, notify us promptly if you believe your password security has been breached, and remember to log off of this Website before you leave your computer.
4. What Paslode does about children visiting this website
This Website is not intended for children under the age of 13. We will not knowingly collect information from Website visitors in this age group. We encourage parents to talk to their children about their use of the Internet and the information they disclose online. If your child has submitted personal information and you would like to request that such information be deleted from our records, you may do so by using the feedback mechanisms provided on the Paslode website or by writing to us at the address set forth in Section 5 below.
5. How you can contact Paslode
Paslode Australia Pty Ltd
47-55 Williamson Road
Ingleburn NSW 2565, Australia
Tel: +61 2 9829 4000